More and more people today are setting up their own personal gym and spa in their homes to cut down time spent on commuting for workouts. But it isn’t enough to simply set up a personal gym – anyone with money to spare can do so – what is important is that all equipment be optimally maintained so that it functions well at peak performance levels. Here are a few tips that will help you get the best out of your investment for a long time.
- Keep a maintenance schedule – Don’t flog your equipment to its limits. Plan out a maintenance schedule, maybe once in a fortnight for tightening of nuts and bolts and basic servicing. There are two reasons for this. First, a sudden breakdown in any equipment will affect your training schedule. Next, it will extend the longevity of your gear.
- Create a favourable ambience – This will also ensure that your equipment functions well. Have a dust free environment. Space out your gear so that there is ample space between them for you and your family to work out together. Install effective and top quality systems for air conditioning in Berwick. It will prevent your heavy use gear like treadmills from heating up. The reverse is true for winters where good units for heating in Berwick will be necessary. Get a good HVAC contractor to set up one of those machines that double up for both requirements.
- Special care for most commonly gear – It is almost a certainty that cardiovascular and resistance building equipment are the most used ones in your home gym and spa. Give special attention to these systems. For example, lubricate the pedals of exercise cycles, cross trainers and elliptical machines periodically and disinfect them thoroughly.
- Keep a repair kit handy – This is essential and should be an integral part of your home gym and spa. Don’t start looking around for a spanner when you need one.
- Exclusive spa cleaning schedule – Clean the spa filter cartridges regularly of mineral and other impurities. For the whole spa, use a soft, non-toxic cleaning solution and a nylon scrubber to remove dirt build-up. You can use common baking soda to clean small surfaces like hand rests. Follow manufacturer’s maintenance instructions for spa pillows.
Your gym and spa is important for you. Spare some time on them for long term returns.